Read in | Lee en: Spanish
Mesa Komal is a shared space that requires its members to work together.
We look for candidates who are:
- Interested in growing and expanding their business
- Respectful of other people and other activities in the kitchen and Casa Azafrán Community Center
- In compliance with the food safety and sanitation policies of Mesa Komal and Davidson County
- Responsible for following the rules and regulations of Mesa Komal
- Flexible in sharing equipment and able to work with other people around them
- Open to finding new ways of doing business, including potential partnerships and/or collaborations with other guests
- Interested in, and receptive to, technical assistance and training
- Willing to share financial and business information and statistics with Conexión Américas’ staff
- Aware that cooking is an art and every chef has a unique way of preparing food. Unrequested opinions or evaluations expressed to others in the kitchen are not appropriate.
Every person who rents space in Mesa Komal is responsible for complying with all of the city, state and federal regulations governing food production and manufacturing. This includes, but is not limited to, any necessary licenses, taxes, employment, worker’s compensation, etc. Conexión Américas reserves the right to suspend or refuse admission to any person that does not comply with the outlined kitchen agreements.
- Contact our client relations manager, Java Hemmat, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 615-835-2509 for tour of the kitchen
- Complete and sign the Mesa Komal Application
- Attach copies of all required documents:
- Business License issued by Davidson county or other appropriate county
- Certificate of business Liability Insurance for at least $1,000,000 per occurrence. Conexión Américas must be listed as Additional Insured.
- Photocopy of valid identification
- Food Handler’s Certificate from either the Health Department or from ServSafe
- One letter of recommendation
- *Business Plan (recommended, but not required)
- *Proof of Workers’ Compensation Policy (required for businesses with 5 or more employees, recommended for everyone)
- Fill out the necessary form (Unsure? Read this information.)
- Read and sign the Kitchen Policy Guidelines Agreement
- Attend the required Mesa Komal orientation
- Pay the security deposit of $250
- Sign the Mesa Komal License Agreement
You now ready to go!
Mesa Komal-Checklist (download this in English & en Español)